五种用英语思考的方法 Stopping translating in your head



06:47hi, everyone, welcome back to english with max.

大家好,欢迎回到 english with max。

today, i’m going to give you 5 techniques that you can use to practice thinking in english.

今天,我即将跟大家分享 5 个可以练习用英文思考的技巧。

okay, so, thinking in english.

好的,用英文思考。

why is it important to think in english?

用英文思考为什么重要?

well, basically, because it can help you to stop translating so much in your head,

which can help all of your english skills,

but especially your speaking.

基本上,因为它可以帮你不要再这么频繁地在脑中翻译,这对你所有英语能力都有帮助,对口说更是如此。

things will just be easier and faster if you don’t translate so much.

如果你不这么常翻译,那一切就会变得更简单、更快速。

that doesn’t mean you have to be thinking in english a hundred percent of the time.

这不代表你必须无时无刻地都用英文思考。

that’s very unrealistic, particularly if it’s not the only language you speak.

那非常不切实际,尤其当那不是你唯一会讲的语言时。

but the more you practice, the easier it becomes.

但你越常练习,就会变得越简单。

i’d also like to say that unlike a lot of teachers,

i’m not going to tell you to only use an english monolingual dictionary.

我也想要说,我跟多数老师都不一样,我不会叫你只用英英字典。

in my opinion, it doesn’t really matter whether you use a monolingual or bilingual dictionary.

在我看来,你用英英字典或是英汉字典都不太有关系。

but i won’t say any more about that

because i already made an entire video on it.

但我不会在那上面多着墨,因为我已经制作了一整部相关影片了。

if you’d like to watch that, you can click on the card above or the link in the description.

如果你想要观看影片,可以点击上方的字卡或是叙述中的链接。

so, what are some things you can do to help you think in english more often?

那你可以做哪些事来帮助你更经常地用英文思考?

the first thing you can do is change the language of your electronic devices and apps.

你可以做的第一件事是,把电子设备和应用程序的与语言改成英文。

nowadays, most people look at their phones or computers several times a day.

今日多数人每天都会看他们的手机或电脑好几次。

if you change the language to english,

not only will you possibly learn some new vocabulary,

but english will become a bigger part of your everyday life.

如果你把语言改成英文,不只可能会学到一些新词汇,也会让英文成为每天生活中更大的一部分。

and remember, i said apps as well.

记得,我是说要和应用程序一起。

think about the apps that you use on a daily basis.

想想你每天

都会使用的那些应用程序。

maybe it’s instagram or whatsapp or facebook.

或许是 instagram、whatsapp 或 facebook。

change the language settings.

改变语言设定。

the second thing you can do is write lists in english.

你可以做的第二件事是用英文写清单。

if you’re someone who writes to-do lists, you can start writing them in english.

如果你是习惯写待办清单的人,你可以开始用英文写。

here is an example of a to-do list.

这是待办清单的范例。

buy cat food, email frank, wash towels, sort out insurance, call the police about the neighbors.

买猫饲料、传电邮给 frank、洗毛巾、处理保险、报警反应邻居的事。

i don’t know?everybody has different things on their to-do lists.

我不知道,每个人的待办清单都会有不同的项目。

if you’re not somebody who writes to-do lists, you could write shopping lists in english.

如果你不是有写待办清单习惯的人,你可以用英文写购物清单。

a shopping list is simply a list of all the things you want to buy when you go shopping.

购物清单简单来说就是一张清单,列出你购物时想买的所有东西。

the third technique is to look around you and describe what you see in english in your head.

第三个技巧是观察周遭,用英文在脑海中形容你看到的东西。

you can do this when you’re sitting at home, walking in a park, or sitting on a train.

你在家坐着时、在公园散步时或在坐火车时都可以做这件事。

it doesn’t matter.

并不重要。

if you’re a beginner or if you’re feeling lazy or you don’t have much energy,

you can just use single words.

如果你只是初学者或是发懒了或是没有太多活力,你可以只用单词。

for example, lamp, cat, tree.

例如:台灯、猫、树。

however, it is better if you can use full sentences.

然而如果你可以用完整句的话,是更好的。

for example, if you’re on a train, you might think:

举例来说,如果你在火车上,你可能会想:

that’s a nice tree.

那棵树真美。

it has long branches and the leaves are starting to change color.

它拥有长长的树枝、叶子也开始变色了。

i wonder if frank would like that tree.

我在想,frank 不知道会不会喜欢那棵树。

another technique is imagining sentences that you might use in a conversation.

另一个技巧是,想象你可能会用在对话中的句子。

it can also be a good idea to write the sentences down and practice saying them so that they almost become automatic.

把这些句子写下来并练习口说让它们几乎变成反射性的也可以是个好主意。

try to predict the types of conversations that you will have.

尝试预测你可能会有的对话类型。

for example, if you’ve recently arrived in an english-speaking country and you’re going to go to a party,

it’s likely that people will ask you questions.

例如,如果你刚抵达一个英语语言国家,即将要参加一场派对,那么人们很可能会问你问题。

they might ask you where you’re from or how long you’ve been there or what your plans are.

他们可能会问你是从哪里来、在那里停留多久了或是你的计划是什么。

so, you can think of sentences like:

所以你可以想想如下列的句子:

i’m from spain.

我来自西班牙。

i’ve been here for two weeks.

我已经在这里两周了。

i’ve come to england because i really want to improve my english.

我来到英国的原因是,我真的很想让英文进步。

i’m currently looking for a job.

我目前正在找工作。

i know that might sound silly or very simple,

but lots of people make mistakes with simple sentences like that,

particularly if they’re feeling a bit shy.

我知道那些听起来可能很傻或很简单,但很多人都会在这类的简单句子上犯错,尤其当他们感到害羞时。

the final technique is something you can do at the end of the day.

最后的技巧是你在每天结束时可以做的事。

before you go to bed, think of all the things that you did that day,

but think about them in english.

在你上传睡觉前,回想你当天做过的所有事情,但用英文回想。

you can also write them down if you want.

你想要的话,也可以把它们写下来。

you can either write full sentences or short phrases.

你可以写下完整句或简短词组。

it’s up to you.

这取决于你。

if you think that will take too much time,

a nice alternative is thinking about all the positive things from that day and writing them down.

如果你认为那会耗费太多时间,一个好的替代方案是回想当天所有正面的事情,然后把它们写下来。

so, anything that made you happy or that you enjoyed.

也就是任何让你开心或是你享受的事。

this is actually something that life coaches and motivational speakers often recommend.

这其实是人生教练和励志演说家时常会推荐的事情。

not only might that put you in a better mood, but we are also more likely to do things if it seems like less work.

那不仅可能会让你的心情更好,但当一件事情看似比较不费力时,我们也较可能去做。

i remember one time when i was getting a bit lazy about my exercise, i found it quite effective to say to myself,

我记得我曾经对于运动感到懒惰,我发现对自己这样说蛮有效的:

"you only need to go for 20 minutes."

“你只需要运动 20 分钟。”

because if i said to myself, "you should go for 40-minute run," i often didn’t go running at all.

因为如果我对自己说:“你应该要去跑步 40 分钟”,我通常完全不会去跑步。

however, if i had in my mind, "you only need to go for 20 minutes," i was more likely to do it.

然而如果我脑中是想着:“你只需要持续 20 分钟”,我就比较可能去做。

and often, i ended up running for half an hour or 40 minutes, anyway.

我反正通常最后也会跑个 30 到 40 分钟。

i think the lesson is clear.

我觉得寓意很明显了。

if you set yourself short, pleasant tasks, you’re more likely to do them.

如果你给自己设定简短、愉快的任务,你就更有可能去做。

i hope you find some of these techniques helpful.

我希望各位认为这些技巧有些对你有帮助。